With the holidays just around the corner, it’s time to stay health-minded, especially during this fun but crazy-busy season filled with sweets and treats. We all know that while the holidays may bring good cheer, they can also be associated with on-the-go-eating while shopping or feasting on holiday dishes while visiting with family and friends. And with that being said, it’s important to create healthy habits while at home or away so you can get a jumpstart on a healthy, happy New Year!
Enter, Odwalla, the brand that blends the best ingredients for healthy fruit smoothies, protein shakes, 100% juices and quenchers so you can enjoy delicious snacks on-the-go. As part of their nationwide Road to Our Roots tour, pioneer juice brand Odwalla recently partnered with health expert and former The Biggest Loser coach, Jessie Pavelka to share his go-to fitness and recovery tips for jumpstarting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle all year long.
Traveling nationwide, the Road to Our Roots tour is an interactive VW van experience that pays tribute to the Odwalla’s origins and its latest partnerships with new creators that embody brand’s unique spirit, including Pavelka, Michelin-star chef Dominique Crenn, and independent bicycle company Solé Bicycles. Traveling across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle and more, each tour stop provides consumers with the opportunity to learn more about the Odwalla heritage, and experience the many ways it can be incorporated into everyday life through food, health and wellness, community, and culture.
So read on and learn how to stay healthy with the help of Odwalla and Jessie Pavelka:
Odwalla x Jessie Pavelka Top 5 Fitness Tips
- Make it a lifestyle. Don’t just make it a 6-week program, find a routine that you can put in place that creates a standard of living for you. Look at all the different parts of what it means to be healthy—so that means exercising the body, that means eating healthy, but it also means looking at how you feel mentally and emotionally
- Look at the small changes. When we look at the big change it can be overwhelming, look at those tiny changes that you can make each day that add up to you feeling good. For some it might be healthy swaps with food, for others it might be just a ten minute walk in the morning rather than sitting in front of the computer. Figure what those small changes are and bring them into your day to day living
- Don’t forget to fall in love with the feeling. I think it’s important to look a certain way and shape the body but #1 is how you feel after your routine
- Find someone you can share the experience with. If you going to the gym find a person you can take with you, encourage one another, bring them into that experience
- One of the best things you can do to replenish that muscle is not only get a protein but get in some sugars with that protein, that helps you absorb the nutrition of the protein that you’re getting in more and it will help rebuild the muscle that you have broken down in a more efficient way